1. Under 12 teams – 1 class, 12-20 teams – 2 classes, 21 or more teams – 3 classes.
2. No alcohol inside pulling arena.
3. Pulling will be true % (6 ft. in one pull), starting with 2%, jumping ½ until 3 ½ and then jump ¼ the rest of pull.
4. Decisions regarding arguing will be at the discretion of the officers and committeemen.
5. Can only pull pony in one class.
6. Cruelty to animals will not be tolerated.
7. All participants must be members.
8. All teams must be calcuttaed, if you do not want to participate in calcutta, the club will buy them for $5.
9. Judges will be decided by rotation of members or at the discretion of committee.
10. Men working scales weigh in no earlier than 15 minutes before weigh-in time.
11. Height limit for ponies, no more than 54 inches, allowing 1 inch for shoes.
12. Classes are pulling light up.
13. Money will be paid back at the discretion of the officers and committeemen. 15% of Calcutta belongs to the club.
14. Rules cannot be changed during the season.
15. President, Vice-President, and committeemen can weigh ponies.
16. Unlimited help to get ponies to sled, only 3 men inside ropes, everyone can call on ponies, 3 men may communicate, and headman smooching at start is allowed.
17. Membership dues are $10/yr.
18. Slide moves from one end of ropes to the other, turn around when slide gets to flag. Committeemen may decide prior to pulling to spot the slide. One pull after slide spot.
19. Ropes are set @ 9 ft for lightweight, 10 ft for middleweight, 11 ft for heavyweight. (10 ft for one class).
20. If pony touches or goes over rope during pull, you lose pull. If the driver calls on the ponies after the rope is called, he is disqualified.
21. If driver ropes, slide must be straightened before next pull.
22. Ponies must be under control at all times.
23. Bit man must turn ponies lose. This will be strictly enforced.
24. Jumping double tree is allowed.
25. Can unhook and fix breakdown, rope overrules breakdown. Breakdown overrules rope at the discretion of judges.
26. You are allowed to clean out dirt anywhere in front or beside of the slide before or after pull.
27. No running slide (an additional 4 ft pull), if you run it, you will be told to repull load. If you refuse, you will be disqualified.
28. Cannot hold double tree up.
29. You cannot unhook during a pull except for a breakdown.
30. Must leave slide as is after pull. Cannot straighten slide unless you rope (judge’s call).
31. Weigh in first of month, must contact an officer if you wish to weigh in other than first of month (if you do not contact a committeeman, then the scales will not be there). Entry fee ($21) due at scales or 1 ½ hours before pull if you don’t weigh in. If running late, must notify an officer or you don’t pull.
32. Drop hooking is allowed.
33. May change driver at any time.
34. Measuring tape may be used on rod.
35. High point system: first place – 6, second place – 5, third place – 4, fourth place – 3, fifth place – 2, and participation – 1. Accumulation ends the pull before championship, if tied; it will be broken by team that has pulled the most times during the season wins. Points begin at Tator Day.
36. High point is based on the TEAM for the year. Team is 2 ponies and person the ponies are weighed in under.
37. Special rules for special pullings will be announced prior to event.